Search This Blog:

OSHO
NEVER BORN NEVER DIED,
ONLY VISITED THIS PLANET EARTH
BETWEEN
11 DECEMBER 1931 AND 19 JANUARY 1990

I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

If you really want to know who I am, you have to be as absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

"Only that which cannot be taken away by death is real. Everything else is unreal, it is made of the same stuff dreams are made of." ~OSHO♥

Monday 22 February 2010

Listening To Osho - The Difference



Click to Play.


Question:
I realized that it is easier to become silent while listening to you than in any other meditation. When you stop talking everything seems to stop for a moment and I get a glimpse of what meditation can be.

Answer:
The question arises almost for everyone, that the way I talk is a little strange. No speaker in the world talks like me - technically wrong; it takes almost double the time! But those speakers have a different purpose - my purpose is absolutely different from theirs

My speaking is really one of my devices for meditation. Speaking has never been used this way. I speak not to give you a message, but to stop your mind functioning.
And it is not only here, but far away... anywhere in the world where people will be listening to the video or to the audio, they will come to the same silence. My success is not to convince you, my success is to give you a real taste so that you can become confident that meditation is not a fiction, that the state of no-mind is not just a philosophical idea, that it is a reality; that you are capable of it and that it does not need any special qualifications.

As you listen to music, listen to me that way. Don't listen to me as you listen to a philosopher; listen to me as you listen to the birds. Listen to me as you listen to a waterfall.

Listen to me as you listen to the wind blowing through the pines. Listen to me as you listen to the wind blowing through the pines. Listen to me, not through the discursive mind, but through the participant heart. And than something that you are continuously feeling is missing will not be missed.

Put the mind aside. While listening to me, don't try to understand, just listen silently.

Don't figure out whether what I am saying is true or not true. Don't be bothered with its truth or untruth. I am not asking you to believe in it so there is no need to think about its truth or untruth. Listen to me just as you listen to the birds singing or the wind passing through the pine trees or the sound of running water.

Osho, the Invitation #14

No comments:

Post a Comment