Search This Blog:

OSHO
NEVER BORN NEVER DIED,
ONLY VISITED THIS PLANET EARTH
BETWEEN
11 DECEMBER 1931 AND 19 JANUARY 1990

I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

If you really want to know who I am, you have to be as absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

"Only that which cannot be taken away by death is real. Everything else is unreal, it is made of the same stuff dreams are made of." ~OSHO♥

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Selling Bliss and Copyrighting Osho! Why are we taking Osho to the American Courts again?

Osho is not anybodies Prerogative!

Lately, I have been aware of the inconsequential tussle between the so-called Foundations Osho International Foundation, Zurich and Osho World, Delhi. Yes, they are inconsequential to me, because my beloved Master has given each sannyasin the freedom to chose his|her own path or to associate with a Foundation, depending upon what the sannyasins solely decides. And instead of unifying Osho and wasting time on inconsequential tussle and fights and court cases, I know I have better things to do. Osho had predicted before itself that his sannyasins are going to fight after his demise and now we are getting a clear picture of his forecasts.

In the past one week I came across two beautiful videos of the beloved Master Osho where he has spoken on two subjects as aforementioned in the title of this post. These two discourses which seem to be oxymoronic on the surface but if you give it some contemplation, you will observe that on the inside they are not. Both discourses explains two totally different case that are like two lines that are so close and yet they are parallel.

Yeah, Osho is very oxymoronic. He says he contradicts himself. And I've observed that in many of his discourses too. In one discourse he talks for love and in another discourse he contradicts it. Initially, this approach of his used to confuse me a lot, and then one day I realized that was what Osho indeed wanted. He was always looking for ways to confuse us, to hammer us, so that we could never make a single unified theory about him. He has said that, anybody trying to do so will, simply go nuts! Hahahahahahahaha.... that's one of the most beautiful qualities of his, that I adore so much...

In the first video Osho speaks about selling bliss, to which I'd no problems even before I'd watched it. And this video of his just convinces me more.

Last year during my holidays, I'd been to Kathmandu for a 7 days meditation program. There the cost of meditation for a 7 days meditation program was about $60 to $70 inclusive of both food and lodging. Since I wasn't earning then I'd to borrow the money from my mother. When I asked my mother for the money, coming from an orthodox Hindu family, she asked me even for meditation you need money? I somehow managed to convince her that I did need it and attended the meditation program. From day one itself I'd no problems with the Meditation Commune charging money. I could understand the fact that that there centre was located in the heart and expensive locale of Kathmandu and by common sense they did need money to run the commune. Moreover after the 7 days program, I felt such grace and blessing, showered on me from the Beloved, from the Divine, I knew that even millions of dollars could never buy me that.

Now coming to the second video. Copyrighting? Why? Is it really needed? And I hope you do understand that there is no co-relation between copyrighting and selling. People have been selling potatoes and tomatoes without copyrighting? And is there really a need to copyright tomatoes and potatoes, and yet we value them so much, don't we?

I've read OIF perspectives on Copyright and I've read Osho World's too. I presume both Commune are a mature and a responsible commune and that they are aware of as to what they are doing? And now lately what has been developing around them is fight... fight.. fight... One trying to prove the other wrong... hahahahahaaha.. and that is not just possible.. One is trying to prove the first video right and the other is trying to prove the second one. One is saying just the head belongs to the coin and the other is saying just the tail belongs to the coin. My God! Hahahahaha.. seems like people will never learn... Even this post you will see that I will try and explain things from my own perspectives. And that's what almost everyone does. Try and use analogies supporting your perspectives to prove your point. But we have to know that often this approach isn't right...Why don't we instead arrive at a consensus and work constructively?

Courts? Is it really needed? Two decades ago, the then American Government has already taken Osho to the courts? Wasn't that enough? After all the love and blessings the Master continues to shower on us is this what we give back to him?

Sell the printed books, Cd's, meditation programs... sell.. no one is stopping you... But also allow Osho World or for that matter also allowe any committed commune like Osho World to do the same. They to have their Sannyasins, their meditation programs and maintenance.

And now we have ebooks, we have mp3s.... we have you tube... OIF themselves have posted videos on youtube. And I've come across fellow sannyasins who have mentioned that OIF didn't allow them to post the videos and they told YouTube to ban them? WTF? Why? Who gave you the sole authority that everything pertaining to Osho should only come from you? Why, were the videos posted by other sannyasin causing any harm to Osho? If not then why the ban?

If you want to change something, then please try and do something about that article in Wikipedia, which contains nothing but one sided heaps of lies. One who has been closely associated with Osho can make out that that article is written by someone who has collected biased information from the press and vomited it there.

When ever I've tried to speak of Osho or anywhere online, often I've met people esp. from the West who have totally wrong notions about Osho, courtesy 'The Wikipedia' and they question me with all sort of wrong and misguided informations. I've replied to many of them and clarified their misconceptions.

Words.... so easy to play with them... I think I gotta stop... I know I can write pages.. but of what use might it serve.. The Master has 600+ books to his name and inspite of that we have fights amongst sannyasins.. then what will these few words of mine do... Yes, I better stop...

To conclude, here's what Osho says in the the end of the first video:

'And Alexander agreed, "Perhaps I will give the whole empire." And the Master laughed. He said, "Then what have you are doing, wasting your whole life for a bottle of water.... Are you stupid or something?"

The world understands things in its own way. Other wise my bliss is freely available to anybody who can appreciate it, who is (oshoonline: I am sorry I couldn't get this word), who is open to receive it; there is no price tag on it. But those who cannot understand anything unless they pay for it, for those poor people, we have to put price on everything. It is out of compassion. "

:)

So what are you, the first person he is talking of or the poor people? You decide....

As for me I've purchased a lot of Osho's book and I've downloaded them as well. Half of my 30 GB ipod is filled with Osho's videos and discourses. And for me, his books, his pics, his videos and his discourses, his meditation techniques, and above all his blessings and love that he has been showering on me, in my awareness and unawareness; I treasure them in my life the most of all...

P.S: Like, I've told in one of my earlier post, I started this blog with an objective. The day I realize myself that what I am doing is wrong, I will put an end to this, then and there. And you know, it's very easy with blog spot. It's just a click away.. a click away to delete and finish this all...

Love,

CoolDeep eVagabond.

First Video:



Second Video:

2 comments:

  1. CoolDeep, it's now years since you've posted this. Please never click the Delete button!

    I only started looking for Osho online during the past month. My impression from years ago was that only nostalgia and OFI purchases were available. NOW, I'm so happy and grateful to find whole audio discourse series I can download!!

    I'm enjoying your blog, will be reading more. I've fed the fishes. I hope you are well. ma veet ahmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pranaam Ma Veet Ahmo,

    Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to write.

    It's been five years since I've been running this show. & I see absolutely no reason why I should press the Delete button.....

    I've been trying to do my little bits and whatever/however I can in spreading the Master's work and message.

    Many of the audio/video in this blog too have been deleted because of the stupid copyright complaints. But I myself am a techie and I am aware of numerous other ways to share the Master's discourse (audio/video/ebooks) via the internet.

    So, just in case you need any of the Master's work do feel free to get back to me. If I have what you're looking for I will surely share it with you.

    Love & light.

    Here sharing with you a message from beloved Master OSHO:

    I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

    ReplyDelete