Search This Blog:

OSHO
NEVER BORN NEVER DIED,
ONLY VISITED THIS PLANET EARTH
BETWEEN
11 DECEMBER 1931 AND 19 JANUARY 1990

I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

If you really want to know who I am, you have to be as absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

"Only that which cannot be taken away by death is real. Everything else is unreal, it is made of the same stuff dreams are made of." ~OSHO♥

Sunday 7 February 2010

Lao Tzu And His Political Donkey - Osho

Osho narrates a short story regarding the greatness of Lao Tzu in "Come Follow To You, Vol. 3"

Lao Tzu was never taken seriously for his crazy remarks and his eccentric behaviour. He lived alone but led a pure life.

There is a beautiful story about his deep awareness and his independent nature that reflected his simplicity yet powered with majesty.

Once a messenger from the king conveyed the emperor's intention of having Lao Tzu as a part of his court, for his wisdom.

Lao Tzu treated the messenger in a courteous manner, but denied the offer saying, “I am grateful. Please do thank the emperor on my behalf. But do tell him that it is not possible for me to accept his offer”

When the messenger left, Lao Tzu washed his ears as well as his donkey's .

An onlooker enquired, “Sir, what are you doing?”

“I am washing my ears, as even an ordinary messenger from the political world are infectious,” replied LaoTzu

“But why are you washing the ears of your donkey?,” the puzzled onlooker asked.

Lao Tzu replied, “Well donkeys tend to be political! The very sight of the messenger and his words has made the animal egoistic that there is a change in the way it walks.”

Lao Tzu continued, “My donkey understands the words of the court clearly, but I do not. He understands the court's language as there are similar species as him in the court!”

The onlooker burst out laughing and it is believed that the king also laughed on hearing the words of Lao Tzu, which was full of wisdom.

The words of the wise are to be noted carefully as there lies hidden in their ordinariness, the pearls of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment