Search This Blog:

OSHO
NEVER BORN NEVER DIED,
ONLY VISITED THIS PLANET EARTH
BETWEEN
11 DECEMBER 1931 AND 19 JANUARY 1990

I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

If you really want to know who I am, you have to be as absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

"Only that which cannot be taken away by death is real. Everything else is unreal, it is made of the same stuff dreams are made of." ~OSHO♥

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Osho On End of the World!

"You keep on telling us lately that we don't have much time left before this world finishes. How is it possible to relax in this certainty of death?"

In fact, my continuous emphasis that there is a possibility of this whole world being destroyed is to help you to live intensely right now because there may not be any tomorrow.
You are in a very special position in the history of mankind. People have always had time to postpone -- you don't have. Your situation is unique. Use it -- not for worrying, because that is not going to stop the world from ending. Use whatever time is left to live so deeply that ten years become almost equivalent to one hundred years.

Once a merchant was asked, "How old are you?"
And he said, "Three hundred and sixty years old."
The man could not believe it. He said, "Please, repeat it. Perhaps I have not heard rightly."
The merchant shouted and said, "Three hundred and sixty years old."
The man said, "Forgive me, but I cannot believe it. You don't look more than sixty!"
The merchant said, "You are also right. As far as the calendar is concerned, I am sixty. But as far as my life is concerned I have lived six times more than anybody else. In sixty years I have managed to live three hundred and sixty years."

It depends on intensity.

There are two ways of living.

One is the way of the buffalo -- it lives horizontally, in a single line. The other way is of a buddha. He lives vertically, in height and in depth. Then each moment can become an eternity. And unless you learn the art of transforming each moment into an eternity, you have not been with me -- you missed me.

The world may end, may not end, that is not my concern. But I will go on insisting that it is going to end for a simple reason: to wake you up. And don't waste your time in trivia, but live, sing, dance, love as totally and overflowingly as you are capable of; and no fears will interfere, and you will not be worried what will happen tomorrow. Today is enough unto itself. Lived, it is so full; it leaves no space to think about anything else. Unlived, worries come, fears come.

It is not only me who is emphasizing the fact that the world is coming to an end. It is just a coincidence that alongside my insistence on it, the world situation is very supportive of what I am saying. But Jesus Christ, two thousand years ago, was saying the same thing, Gautam Buddha, twenty-five centuries ago, was saying the same thing.

It is an old device to wake you up. Unless you know that your house is on fire, you are not going to run out of it. And Jesus and Gautam Buddha were using it as a device, without any corresponding reality.

I am also using it as a device, but it is not only a device. For the first time, the world is really in a position to commit a global suicide. If Gautam Buddha managed to make two dozen people enlightened, then it should be very easy for me to make at least two hundred people enlightened -- very easy, because his device was only fictitious.

My device is not fictitious, it is a reality. The reality is supporting my device with totality.
Sadhan you just live, love, and make each moment a deep ecstasy. All fears may disappear. And if the whole humanity listens to me, perhaps the world may not end, perhaps we may continue. The old man may die and a totally new man with fresh values may arise to replace him.

read all Note here:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bodhi-sarango/osho-onend-of-the-world/183269510094


Osho,
The Golden Future
Chapter #25
Chapter title: You need a divine discontent
24 May 1987 am in Chuang Tzu Auditorium

2 comments:

  1. CoolDeep, thank you for this post. I've written about my intention to live a full life, but does not seem to be moving well. Popping into your blog and be reminded that I have not done what I had set out to do. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gaia,

    Yeah the realization is the most important step in the journey of spiritual growth. And your comment tells me at least you have realized your shortcomings.

    In the past you might not have done what you had set out to do.. but in the NOW in the present you surely can if you want to...

    :)

    Regards....

    God bles...

    ReplyDelete