Search This Blog:

OSHO
NEVER BORN NEVER DIED,
ONLY VISITED THIS PLANET EARTH
BETWEEN
11 DECEMBER 1931 AND 19 JANUARY 1990

I would like more and more writers, poets, film makers to steal as much as they can, because truth is not my property, I am not its owner. let it reach in any way, in anybody's name, in any form, but let it reach. Beyond Psychology#3 Q#2 : Osho

If you really want to know who I am, you have to be as absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

"Only that which cannot be taken away by death is real. Everything else is unreal, it is made of the same stuff dreams are made of." ~OSHO♥

Tuesday 26 May 2009

The Right Amount Of Meditation - Osho

This is an excerpt from the discourse "The Great Pilgrimage: From Here to Here #7" where Osho has talked about "The Right Amount of Meditation."

"This man, Goenka... I have never thought it worthwhile to say anything about him. Many of you must have been in his Vipassana camps.... Just a few days before I left America I received a newsletter in which he had made a statement about me. That amazed me - that was the beginning. I started looking into this man's capacity, potentiality, realization. He made a statement that he had seen me and talked with me for hours in Madras. Now, I have been to Madras in India only once. That was twenty-five years ago, and I am absolutely certain that I have met nobody and talked with nobody for hours about Vipassana. Even the word Vipassana was not mentioned while I was in Madras for three days.

Seeing this statement gave me the idea that this man cannot be a meditator. If he can lie so easily.... Now Dulari has been in his camp, and after the camp she has been meditating, using the technique given by him, for ten hours a day.

I want Dulari to be alert. And particularly her husband should report to the police, because meditation - particularly Vipassana meditation - should not be done more than two hours. And those two hours have to be early in the morning; the best time is before sunrise. If somebody goes on meditating for ten hours, the ultimate consequence is going to be insanity. And there will be by-products also; for example, a man meditating for ten hours will lose his sleep completely."


1 comment: